Monday, August 3, 2009

Denise

My friend Denise passed away on Saturday. You may remember her. I blogged about her here and here and here and now sadly I have to blog about her death. I'm choking back tears and its only partially hitting me yet, but then I read below and see words like "burial" and "funeral" and "remembrance" and it hits me like a lead balloon. I got the call Saturday night and all I can say is thank God I had my two BFF, Jill and Sherri with me.

God Bless you Denise - you're an angel now.

Denise E. Knaack
Knaack, Denise E. DELMAR Denise E. Knaack, 48, of Delmar, passed away on Saturday, August 1, 2009. Born in Harrisburg, Pa. on October 18, 1960, she was the daughter of Dean A. and Dawn Bohner of Gettysburg, Pa. Denise graduated from Gettysburg High School in 1978 and from Clarion University, Clarion, Pa. in 1982, where she received a B.S. in business administration and was a member of Sigma Sigma Sigma sorority. Denise was most recently vice president of business development with B2B MarketDirect. She was previously employed in a similar capacity by Colwell-Salmon, Albany and in human resources at True Temper, Mechanicsburg, Pa. Denise enjoyed supporting and participating in her children's activities and spending time with her family. In addition to her parents, she is survived by her husband, Rick; her son, Ryan; daughter, Allyssa; and sister, Debra Bitting. She is also survived by many nieces, nephews and cousins and was loved by all. Relatives and friends are invited to call on Wednesday from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Applebee Funeral Home, 403 Kenwood Ave., Delmar. A funeral service will be held 11 a.m. Thursday at the First United Methodist Church of Delmar, 428 Kenwood Ave., Delmar. Burial will be in Memory's Garden, Colonie. Those who wish may send a remembrance in her name to the First United Methodist Church of Delmar, 428 Kenwood Ave., Delmar, NY 12054 or the American Cancer Society, 260 Osborne Rd., Albany, NY 12211.

1 comment:

Michele said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I will keep you and her family in my prayers.