Friday, February 22, 2013

Sharing a little music today...

Every once in awhile I'll share some music I love with you.  This day's list is a little short, but awesome nonetheless (in my opinion).  Some is old, some is new.  Some is obnoxious, some amazingly beautiful.    See what you think!

Dirty Projectors & Bjork - On and Ever Onward
This song is a quirky song that just makes me smile.

Pixies - Monkey Gone to Heaven
This song reminds me of riding a train through the Swiss Alps.  I was listening to this song during one amazing section of scenery (on a discman, mind you...) and it always takes me back.

Ellie Goulding - Under the Sheets
This song is from her first album, which I instantly fell in love with.  This song reminds me of early summer, driving in the warm, sunny weather.

The Cure - Just Like Heaven
Total high school.  100%.  Winter break, driving around with my boyfriend in his parents sweet car.  Such sweet memories of this song.

Imagine Dragons - Radioactive
Sabres games.  Aggression.  Work out.  All really gentle things. ;-)

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Wanz - Thrift shop
Just goofy and fun and I love hearing the kids sing to the clean version "This is rea-lly awe-some.".

The Cinematic Orchestra - To Build a Home
This song is so beautiful.  So slow, and building and just beautiful.  Buy it.  Like yesterday.

No comments: