Friday, October 12, 2012

Debate night...

So... did you watch the VP debates last night?  A lot dirtier than the Presidential debate.  As I've said before, this isn't a politcal blog.  I'm not looking to sway any voters.  That's the beauty of this country.  You get a choice.  You have a say.  I've been to countries where there is no choice.  Where women don't get to vote.  I'm a political junkie.  I love this stuff.  I watched CNN all night.  The pre-debate banter, the debate itself, the post debate analysis.  Love it.

What I don't love is the hatred people have on both sides of the aisle.

People.  We are so very blessed to live in this country.   If you don't believe me, go live in a Third World country for awhile.  Yes, the economy is in the tank (although, living in Western NY I don't feel it as much as we've been a depressed economy for 30 years so this is all status quo for me).  No, we're not where we should be.  BUT!  But, we are still the greatest nation on this planet.  Things need to improve.  Things always need to improve.  No matter who our President is.

I just wish people would be fair.  Be calm.  Debate without the virtriol. 

That's just my opinion.  And thank God I live in a country where I can state it.

xo

No comments: