Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Ms. Gregory

Oh I'm now infatuated with a new series of books (not new, they've been around forever).  Phillipa Gregory's books on the Tudor dynasty.  Fictional accounts of non-fictional people from the Tudor empire (King Henry VIII and his wives).  Yes.  You're right.  I just blogged about my obsession with the TV series, The Tudors.  This is indeed an extension of that obsession.  And yes I'm late to the game here as well.

You've probably heard of the The Other Boleyn Girl, it was made into a movie with Natalie Portman and Scarlett Johansson.  Based on one of Ms. Gregory's books.  See?  Awesome!  I'll let you know what I think once I finish the first book, The Constant Princess (about Henry's first wife, Catherine of Aragon)!  I'm such a sucker for period pieces!!!

No comments: