Thursday, July 9, 2009

I'm one of them...

I held out as long as I could. I was actually adamant at one point that I would NOT read the Twilight series. And I meant it. I didn't see the movie, had no interest in the books. Then my sister and I took a day trip to Albany and on the way home (8 hours of total driving, mind you) my sister said (innocently enough), "do you want me to read to you?". Sure, I'd had enough of my 42 hour ipod driving mix and could use another form of entertainment. So she started. It was Twilight. And I was hooked.

Then I saw the movie (a few times). I've just finished the second book "New Moon" and I'm chomping at the bit to read the 3rd, "Eclipse". And I'm officially addicted.

I'm hardly the target audience (teen girls - although between you and me, I think it's a bit mis-marketed based on the content), but there's something about the relationship between Bella and Edward that has me riveted. It's so freakin' romantic...so doomed. I love it.

Like I said, I held off as long as I could.

1 comment:

emma*lucia*07 said...

Oh yeah your one of us!! Woo Hoo. I looooovvvveeee Twilight, and have read all 4 books. I am even thinking of restarting the series haha. By the way Happy Birthday! Sounds like your party was a blast, wish I could have been there.... Love you