Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Second to last Europe post (I promise)...France

As I was nearing the end of my trip, we took a couple of day trips to France (my brother lives near the border of France in Germany).  Our first trip was to Lorraine on Memorial Day.  There we visited the Lorraine American Cemetery in St. Avold, France.  It was a touching was to celebrate Memorial Day, and to keep in mind what the day is all about.  There are 10,489 US soldiers buried there and the crosses that span the grounds silence all who visit.  We visited the day after the annual services, and each grave had a US and French flag.




A few days later we took a trip to Colmar, France.  The cutest, most colorful village you'll ever want to see.




 More cobblestones!!!!


 That's Emma! And the bald one is my brother! :)
 I died over this roof.




 The outdoor cafes.  My favorite thing about Europe.








 This is the exterior of a bakery (where we got the.best.croissants).  Look at the shutters closely!  Baked goods!




No comments: