Friday, November 15, 2013

Reign

So I'm always the last one to know about a good show* (not counting Homeland and The Following, both of which I've watched from the start, and am obsessed with).  I jumped on the Dexter bandwagon around season 5.  Breaking Bad around season 3.  Let me tell you, it takes a lot of waking hours to catch up on seasons and seasons of television.

So in an effort to help you out, I found a new show I really love, although it's much more cheese than the aforementioned shows.  It's called Reign and it's on the CW Thursdays at 9pm.  It's basically a soap opera-y show about Mary, Queen of Scots.  A period piece, but not.  Think Sophia Coppola's Marie Antoinette, only not as good (am I selling this show or what!?!?).
But basically everyone is super pretty, the costumes and sets are amazing and everyone has a British accent.  Score!
It's a guilty pleasure, but I thought I'd share, just in case you're looking for yet another show to watch.

*Full disclosure:  I've never watched an episode of the following supposedly epic television shows:  The Walking Dead, Big Bang Theory, Lost, 24, Sons of Anarchy, etc.  Start your judging........NOW!


1 comment:

Kristen said...

I am hooked on this show too. I like the costumes although I think it is a very loose interpretation of the clothing worn during that time.