Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Book review...

I've read a couple of good books in recent weeks and thought I'd pass them on to you! I love getting book recommendations, especially when I can't find a good book to save my life.

The first is Life After Life by Kate Atkinson.  It's sort of a trippy book about a girl who basically dies and comes back to life over and over again.  But it's not like she actually dies, it's as if she almost dies, but then based on certain choices she makes, or others make, she doesn't die.  It's very good once you get the hang of it.
And I just finished Reconstructing Amelia by Kimberly McCreight.  A good book using back and forth writing style where a woman's daughter commits suicide.  Or does she?  Dun dun dunnnn.  I'm not giving anything away either, it's right on the book jacket so no spoiler alert necessary.
And now I'm reading Cold Light by Jenn Ashworth.  Another dark story about a young girl's death and cover up.  I'm only about 4 chapters in but I'm liking it so far.
How about you?  Any good book recommendations?  I'm always looking!

No comments: