Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Sunday nap...

Sunday was one of those days where I had grand plans to accomplish a ton.  I did mow the lawn, but that was about it.

After grabbing a bite with Madeline I went home and promptly fell asleep.  And it was wonderful.  The room was cool, it was a little overcast, and I was drowsy.  Maddy took a nap too, she was so tired after her slumber party.  Jack was at his Grammy's and the house was quiet and still.

I never take naps.  It feels like a waste of time to me. But not this one.  Oh it was perfect.  I woke up feeling icky (as I always do when I take a nap), but it faded quickly.  I spent the night having a cocktail with a friend on the front lawn while the kids did cartwheels and ran around.

A perfect Sunday indeed.

P.S.  How do you like my flip flop tan? :)

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I'm jealous you have a flip flop tan. That means you get outside WAY more than me.

(And I'd nap every day if I could.)