Monday, July 1, 2013

Adventure!

It's amazing what you can find when you just look around.  Usually in your own back yard.

The other night Madeline had and End of School Slumber Party (more on that later!).  That meant Jack was persona non grata for the evening.  So a friend of mine and her daughter (who's sister was at the sleepover) decided to get in the car and drive to 'somewhere'.  We ended up in Niagara Falls, specifically Three Sisters Island.

We had a great time, just walking around and exploring an area of my region that I hadn't even known existed before that night (the island, not the Falls, obvi).

As we sat watching the rapids I was just struck with such happiness, knowing that I could visit here any time I want.  So why don't I?  I don't know.  But I will from now on, that's for sure!

Happy Monday!


No comments: