Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Why bother!?


If you're not familiar with Western New York weather in the winter (as in, Buffalo) let me fill you in.  It's cold.  It's grey.  It's snowy.  It's wet.  And slushy.  And it's pretty much the same thing, day in and day out from November until March April.

Now...I'm not an outdoorsy kind of gal.  I don't like to ski, sled, snowshoe or be outside period when it's cold outside.  But the littles?  They love it.  L-O-V-E it.
Thinking back to my time as a little, I suppose I loved it to.  I had the good old 70's snowsuit (with the sweet belt and everything), a pair of moon boots and ice skates.  I was set.  I grew up in the country so we had plenty of hills for sledding, corn fields that froze over to make the perfect skating rinks.  I remember walking home (in my skates) with cheeks pink and nose red and runny.  Yeah.  I guess I loved it too.

But now?  Give me low 70s, sunshine and a breeze and I'm a happy girl.

Of course here in Buffalo, that'll have to wait until May.  At least.


No comments: