Monday, January 7, 2013

Quiet


I spent Sunday in a quiet house.  So quiet that I could hear the clock ticking (which, truth be told, drove me a little batty).

My natural inclination was to get up and out.  But as the day went on, I found myself reading.  Then folding laundry.  Catching up on some work emails.  Reading again.  Playing a game on my iPad.  Watching some Shipping Wars.

And I enjoyed it.  I really did.

My natural speed is go.  Go. Go. Go.  I don't feel comfortable sitting around, doing nothing (as nothing as the above seemed to me).  But yesterday I forced myself.  I had things to do, places to go, things to buy.  I decided they could all wait until Monday.

I ate all of my meals at home (thank goodness I bought some groceries earlier this week!).  I watched the snow fall and didn't worry about driving in it.

It was nice.  I'm not sure how much of a habit it'll become, but for one snowy day in January it worked for me!

No comments: