Tuesday, January 22, 2013

I love Paris in the springtime...

Who am I kidding?  I love Paris in the anytime.
Miss Madeline, age 5, writing out post cards at a cafe on the Champs Elysee.  Apparently she just had an aha! moment!
The Tuilleries Gardens just outside of The Louvre.

But I am suffering this winter waiting for Spring.  The cold, dark and dreary days are hitting me harder year after year, and thinking of our trip to London and Paris this Spring is the only thing that makes me not want to pack up and move West.  Well, there are a few other reasons that keep me here, but you get the point.

I'm just dreaming of warm days with warm breezes.  City streets that buzz with pub crawlers and early cafe set ups.  Croissants and coffee.  Big Ben and Versailles.  I can't wait to have a pint of warm beer at a pub and a strong cup of coffee at a cafe in Paris.

Last year we decided to go south for our vacation.  And it was a lot of fun, and warm and beautiful!  We'll definitely do that again next year.  But there's something about Europe that always calls me back. I feel so at home there.  I love watching the kids learn and explore and experience another culture.   If I didn't have so many ties here you can bet your bottom dollar that I'd be living in Paris.  But I do, and I love all of those string, and I'm happy here (despite my whining).  So a visit to Europe every other year it is.  And I know that I'm blessed to be able to make the trip so often.  I'm so very, very grateful.

Only a few more months...(and get ready for a photo dump the likes you haven't seen when we get back.  Apologies in advance!)

No comments: