Sunday, November 25, 2012

This guy...

This guy turned 90 the other day.
I wish I could find the words to tell you how much I love this sweet man.  Father of 8, grandfather of 14, great grandfather of 3.

He fought in WWII, and stormed the beaches at Normandy.  After he returned he re-enlisted by joining the Navy, this time fighting in the Korean War. 

He had a long career as an owner and operator of a trucking operation, and has spent over 50 years as a volunteer fireman.

He's outlived his wife and oldest son (my dad), his sister and a brother.  And at the rate he's going, he may outlive us all! 

Oh I love this man.  He's a tough guy.  Definitely doesn't wear his heart on his sleeve.   But he'll give you a hand squeeze and a wink, and you know exactly how he feels about you.

And can he dress?  Man.  This guy has more style than any man I know.  Always smells great.  Looks even better.  A gentleman in the truest sense of the word.

I love you Grandpa.  To the moon and back.

No comments: