Friday, October 26, 2012

Yesterday

   
Yesterday was perfect.  It was  a sunny fall day.  Almost 80 degrees.  I turned the heat off, opened the windows and worked while listening to the leaves rustle around outside.  Everyone seemed a little happier.  A little nicer.  The air on my skin felt perfect.  Like it was the perfect temperature to just 'be'.

It's amazing how fleeting fall is.  At least here in Buffalo.  Summer, summer, summer, summer, fall, WINTER!  And winter lasts a long time here, let me tell you.

But fall...

My favorite time of year, without a doubt.  The smell of apples and cinnamon and leaves and fires burning.  The chill in the air that a long sleeved shirt and a sweater can handle.  The colors (oh the colors) of the leaves on the trees.  Who knew these colors even existed in such vibrancy!  Stunning.

It's a nice pre-cursor to the long, gray, dreary winters we experience here from November until March (and let's be honest, sometimes April).

Yes.  Yesterday was perfect.  I wanted to write it all down so I wouldn't forget.  Remind me of this post in the middle of January, wont' you?





This beauty is right outside of our dining room window!

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Beautiful fall pics! Those two look like professionals. LOVE