Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Let's talk about our nails, shall we?

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: 
Male readers, you may just want to skip this one...
What I'm wearing now:  OPI's Suzy Skis in the Pyrenees.
Behind that is OPI's Spark de Triomphe

As anyone who knows me knows, I love a good mani and pedi.  Every three weeks, no matter what.  Of course the mani never lasts that long (I usually end up jacking up the polish in three days), but the tootsies last until the next visit.  I thought I'd share my favorites with you.  But first I have a confession.

I am a nail polish hoarder collector.

Those shown in these pictures are only the tip of the iceberg.  Very sad.  Also very true.

What else is sad?  The fact that I take 99.9% of all of my pictures with my iPhone lately.  That nice Canon 60D?  Sitting in its bag, all lonely like.

But we're talking about nails, so let's get on it.

I love a good blue toe polish.  Here are three of my favorites...
From L to R: All OPI
Yoga-Ta Get This Blue
Fly
Ski Teal We Drop (* a super favorite of mine)

L'Oreal makes some sweet polishes as well.  Their new line is pretty fab in terms of colors and staying power.
 From L to R:
Jet Set to Paris
Eiffel for You
A few more L'Oreals for ya...
From L to R:
Butterfly Kisses (more lavender in person)
Pink Me Up (perfect summer pink)
L'Orange (this one is fabulous on toes)
Now for some OPI staples... 
 From L to R:
Don't Toy with Me (I have to get this on eBay)
Ate Berries in the Canaries (awesome for toes or fingers, more fuchsia in person)
Kennebunk-Port (the perfect red, in my opinion)

Now on to Essie.  Quite possibly my favorite brand.
 From L to R:
Good As Gold (an amazing matte-ish gold)
No Place Like Chrome
Mochachino
From L to R:
Dive Bar
Stylenomics (a forest green-ish)
Smokin' Hot (almost a purply grey that's nice and dark with two coats)

Some other favorites (for which I was too lazy to take a picture, but trust me, I own them...because I'm pathetic that way):
OPI - Give Me Moori (a good, dark purple, almost black)
OPI - Lincoln Park After Dark (again, a dark purple almost black)
Essie - Carry On
Essie - Orange, It's Obvious

So give 'em a try.  Let me know what you think!

As an aside - how much would you love it if it were your job to name nail polish?!?!!?


No comments: