I'm a reader. Big time. I'm typically reading 3-4 books at a time (being an English Lit. major in college, I was basically reading 5 novels (typically of the classic, boring kind) a week, so it's sort of how I need to read nowadays). Some books I love, like LOVE. Others? Meh. Here's a list of the books I LOVE. Maybe you'll find a few you like!
I'm going to break this out by genre, to make it easier for you to pick and choose.
- The first and classic (in my opinion), Bridget Jones' Diary (Fielding)
- Jemima J (Green)
- Little Earthquakes (Weiner)
- Good in Bed (Weiner)
- Watermelon (Keyes)
- Something Blue (Giffin)
- In Her Shoes (Weiner)
- Anybody Out There? (Keyes)**
- Gone Girl, Sharp Objects, Dark Places (all by Gillian Flynn)
- DaVinci Code, Angels & Demons (Dan Brown)
- Aurora Teagarden Series (Harris)
- Grave Sight Series (Harris)
- The Hunger Games Series (Collins)
- True Blood Series (Harris)
- Harry Potter Series (Rowling)
- Divergent (Roth)
Historical Fiction (seriously, this list could go on and on for me...)
- The Kommandant's Girl, The Diplomat's Wife (Jennoff)
- Sarah's Key (de Rosnay)
- Those Who Save Us (Blum)
- The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (Shaffer)
- Anya (Fromberg Schaeffer)
- The Lost Wife (Richman)
- Clara's War (Kramer) *
- The Girl in the Green Sweater (Chiger)*
- My Enemy's Cradle (Young)
- Invisible Bridge (Orringer)
*These are actually non-fiction, but they're amazing.
**One of my favorite books, ever.
Note: This list is not at all exhaustive. You should see my book shelves...