Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Jenny's Book Club...

Ok, it's not as fancy or well read as Oprah's, and it's not even a book club, per se.  It's just my recommendations for some books you should read.  So, basically exactly like Oprah's 'book club'.

I'm a reader.  Big time.  I'm typically reading 3-4 books at a time (being an English Lit. major in college, I was basically reading 5 novels (typically of the classic, boring kind) a week, so it's sort of how I need to read nowadays).  Some books I love, like LOVE.  Others?  Meh.  Here's a list of the books I LOVE.  Maybe you'll find a few you like!

I'm going to break this out by genre, to make it easier for you to pick and choose.

Chick Lit

  • The first and classic (in my opinion), Bridget Jones' Diary (Fielding)
  • Jemima J (Green)
  • Little Earthquakes (Weiner)
  • Good in Bed (Weiner)
  • Watermelon (Keyes)
  • Something Blue (Giffin)
  • In Her Shoes (Weiner)
  • Anybody Out There? (Keyes)**
Mystery
  • Gone Girl, Sharp Objects, Dark Places (all by Gillian Flynn)
  • DaVinci Code, Angels & Demons (Dan Brown)
  • Aurora Teagarden Series (Harris)
  • Grave Sight Series (Harris)
Other-Worldly
  • The Hunger Games Series (Collins)
  • True Blood Series (Harris)
  • Harry Potter Series (Rowling)
  • Divergent (Roth)

Historical Fiction (seriously, this list could go on and on for me...)

  • The Kommandant's Girl, The Diplomat's Wife (Jennoff)
  • Sarah's Key (de Rosnay)
  • Those Who Save Us (Blum)
  • The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (Shaffer)
  • Anya (Fromberg Schaeffer)
  • The Lost Wife (Richman)
  • Clara's War  (Kramer) * 
  • The Girl in the Green Sweater (Chiger)*
  • My Enemy's Cradle (Young)
  • Invisible Bridge (Orringer)


*These are actually non-fiction, but they're amazing.
**One of my favorite books, ever.

Note:  This list is not at all exhaustive.  You should see my book shelves...

No comments: