Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Hunger Games

Oh. Em. Gee.

This movie was so crazy good you guys.  I read the books last year so I wasn't sure I'd remember all of the intricacies of the story.  I did, totally.  It's so visually stunning, so true to the story.  I adored it.  Very violent, so I wouldn't take the pre-teens (if I knew any), but it was really magnificent.  I'll probably see it again so I can bide my time until the DVD comes out.
I think Jennifer Lawrence made a perfect Katniss.  She really was perfection.  I wasn't in love with the casting of Peeta, but Gale was good.  Rue?  Perfect.  Snow?  Dead on.  I thought Lenny Kravitz and Woody Harrelson as Cinna and Haymitch were fantastic.  Not how I pictured them but wonderful nonetheless.
And can we talk about Effie?  One outfit was better than the next.
Treat yourself.  See this.

Photo credits:  Murray Close/Lionsgate Entertainment

No comments: