Friday, March 30, 2012

Book club

I just so happen to be a member of two books clubs.  Yes, I know, I'm an over-achiever.  Old news my friend.  I thought that I'd take a moment every month to share the books I'm reading in each club, and, once finished, share my thoughts on the books.
Don't worry, we're not reading classics in either group.  We've tried that and failed.  Books in each club have ranged from the Twilight series to Ten Green Bottles (fiction).  We've read The Guernsey Potato Peel Pie and Literary Society (WWII fiction written in correspondence style, which I adored), Birthmarked (dystopian teen fiction) and A Fierce Radiance (US WWII/medical science fiction).  We're all over the place.

We've yet to chose a book for one of the clubs, but we just finished reading The Book Thief for the other.  We're now onto Major Pettigrew's Last Stand.  I haven't started yet, but I will soon.  Why haven't I started?  Well because I have to finish The Book Thief.  Yeah.  I'm that book club member.

Stay tuned for my review of The Book Thief...I'm nearly finished!

No comments: