Thursday, December 8, 2011

Fa la la la la...

So I have a Christmas playlist that houses everything holiday music.  I found myself forwarding past certain songs I'm not a fan of (Blue Christmas?  Christmas Shoes?  Who the hell writes this depressing crap!?!).  Then I just deleted them from the playlist.  Then I thought about what songs I really love this time of year.  Then I thought I'd share that list with you!  Lucky you!!!

  1. Anything by Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra, Burl Ives and Perry Como.  Like Anything.
  2. Where Are You Christmas - Faith Hill
  3. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas - David Gray
  4. Christmas Day - Dido
  5. Do They Know It's Christmas - Band Aid
  6. My Bells Are Ringing - Lenka
  7. O Holy Night - Kelly Clarkson (my favorite version ever - don't judge)
  8. The River - Rachel Yamagata
  9. Santa Claus is Comin' to Town - Bruce Springsteen 
  10. We Wish You a Merry Christmas - Weezer
  11. The Nutcracker (fave being No. 13 Waltz of the Flowers) - Tchaikovsky
There are many, many more naturally.  What are your favorite holiday tunes?

xo

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I like Celine's O Holy Night.

Anonymous said...

One of the faves at my house is the God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen done by Bare Naked Ladies