Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sunday, Sunday

So it's Sunday, the Bills lost (again), and I'm knee deep in washing towels of all sorts (bath, hand, washclothes, etc.).  For some reason there was a flurry of towel usage this week and we're running low in the linen closet.  While I sit here waiting for one load to dry and another to cycle through, I thought I'd blog.

I was just thinking the other day while I was driving how crazy life can (seem to) get.  It's like you're on this treadmill of 'to do's' that repeat themselves daily/weekly/monthly, etc.  Work, laundry, vacuum, change sheets, pick up kids, pay bills, groceries, rinse, repeat.

It almost eliminates any sense of accomplishment when you know you have to do it all again the next day/week/month.  I'm a list maker.  I love crossing off a task I've completed and usually can't finish my day until all tasks are done.  But lately I feel like I need to find a way to incorporate a little joy into the mundane things that make up the bulk of our lives.  Would I love to nap daily, read for hours while sitting outside drinking a cup of coffee?  Uh...yeah!  But can I?  Well, no.  Life is full of the little responsibilities that make our lives, and the lives of those who depend on us, a little easier.

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm a Type A, total neat/control freak (not in a Sleeping with the Enemy way, but I like things my way just so.  It makes me a little hard to live with, I will admit.  And while I TRY (very hard believe it or not), to let little things slide, it's a battle I fight every day.

I guess all of this is to say, I'm going to continue to try to take it a little more easy.  Enjoy the ride to get my morning coffee.  Put a smile on my face when reading my mountain of work email (hey, I've got a great job - might as well be happy with even the most mundane parts of it!), fold the laundry a little more slowly, appreciate the corners of this great house while I vacuum.  It sounds ridiculous I know, but I think it's worth a try.

Have a happy Sunday everyone - see you next week! :)

No comments: