Sunday, June 13, 2010

World Cup

Coming from a country that doesn't really value soccer as a sport (unless you come to Clarence where its a lifestyle in the summer), I know a lot of people aren't into the World Cup.  But I am!  I love picking a team of a country I've visited (or maybe I just like the uniform if I haven't been there) and watching the game.  Or just having it on in the background (I KNOW that comes from being little and hanging out with my dad while he watched hockey on TV.  I never actually watched hockey with him, but just listened to it while I played with my dolls or colored.  As an adult there's something comforting to me listening to sports while I read or chill.  Sundays and Monday nights in the fall?!  My favorite!

Anyway, I'm cheering for Germany today against Australia.  Game on (in 17 minutes)!

xo

No comments: