Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Creative Mojo

Have you seen it?  Mine, that is.  Because it's missing.

I'm a photographer, scrapbooker, and writer.  And I'm doing none of it lately.

Of course, there are a million things I could do in my spare time.  I'm always looking to perfect my French, write my great novel, clean my house's nooks and crannies.  But scrapbooking in particular used to be my passion.  And lately, not so much.

I did start to print some pics again, and build some pages, and I'm getting a little excited about executing them.  It's like I keep waiting to start though.  Waiting for what?  The creativity fair to nail me across the head with inspiration.  Not gonna happen.

I just have to jump back in.  And I will.  I get a lot of wonderful feedback on my pages and mini books.  Time to stop resting on those laurels I suppose.

Check back tomorrow for a great article I found in Oprah magazine (I know, I know!  Enough with Oprah already!!)  But it's by Lisa Kogan, whom I love (and actually just picked up her book (Someone Will Be With You Shortly and its hi-LAR-ious)!  Dry and witty and snarky.  Love it.


P.S.  How does spell check on blogger not recognize Oprah as a word?  I think my 3 year old niece knows who Oprah is at this point?

No comments: