Sunday, May 30, 2010

Books and gardening

I was going to post about the 45 books I'm currently reading simultaneously.  And then I spent the morning spreading mulch and thought "I'm too pissed off to blog about books".  So then I was going to rant about mulch.  And the state of my fingernails (which, after much scrubbing a la Silkwood are back to normal).  And the heat.  You get the point.  Then I decided I'd just go back to my original plan and blog about the books I'm reading.  So with no further ado....
Just started this one.  I bought all 3 (The Girl Who Played with Fire and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest) and I'm looking forward to getting into them.  Once you get past the Swedish names and start to keep track of who's who it's really good.
Number 10 in the Sookie Stackhouse (True Blood) series.  It's been awhile since I read the 9th book so I'm trying to remember what happened so I can make sense of the first few chapters, but as all in the series, it's soooo good and a definite guilty read.  And Meg...you can have it when I'm done.  Simmer down.
This is the sequel to The Godmother, which I adored and really struck a cord with me.  Just started, can't wait to sink my teeth into it (that would have been a good phrase to use on the Sookie book...HAR).

There are a few others but I'm letting those lie low for awhile so I can concentrate on these.

And for those who may not know...gardening is not fun.  Pass it on.

xoxo

P.S.  Happy Birthday to my beautiful (inside and out) cousin Amy.  I adore you beautiful girl!  xo

No comments: