Thursday, August 13, 2009

The week...

This week has been...interesting. I'm trying to put a positive spin on it. I mean, I'm REALLY trying. I'm not even going to go into the work issues, because I want to keep my job and therefore I will keep this client's issue and identity off the blog. But whoo - they made my life fan-tastic this week!

The thing that really has me going is my awesome tax issue (see this post). I think I didn't make the mistake I thought I made, but apparently I'm too stupid to really know if I did or not. I met with H&R Block this week and even they couldn't tell if I f'd up or not. After pulling about 4,000 pages of paperwork (I save everything) I still cannot tell if I owe any money. It all boils down to a code. I either entered it incorrectly or I didn't. But it's not even that easy, so never mind that last sentence.

I'm going to chat with a CFO friend of mine (he doesn't know it yet...I'll be calling you Knuck! :) to see if he can make heads or tails of this (I guess that's my positive spin? maybe?).

Suffice it to say I feel like an idiot that I can't figure this out. I would never try to screw the IRS - I mean who the fuck does that? Like I want to not pay now, but get caught and pay later plus penalties and interest? Yeah, that sounds like a plan. A really good plan. I have a degree in English with a minor in French and a concentration in Art History. Looking at all of these numbers and codes and instructions makes my brain want to shrivel up in my skull, slide out of my ear and run far, far away.

Here's my positive spin: Tomorrow is Friday and the week will officially be over. Thank you Jesus.

No comments: