Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Swirling and twirling

My mind, that is. I got a letter from the IRS today stating that I owe them a pretty penny over an error on my 2007 taxes. Awesome. After hyperventilating (I've never received such a letter and had no idea what the F it even meant - I'm quite the law abiding ninny, ask anyone), I realized that I had my taxes prepared and that I should reach out to said organization to find out what the hell is going on. Now just waiting to hear from them (of course I just gained enough clarity to make the call now, at nearly 11pm). So yeah, I'm freaking out a little, 'cause kids, Aunt Nenna doesn't have 5 G's hanging around to hand out to the government. And the kicker is - I PAID that year, no refund. A big fat check was already written to Uncle Sam. My 2007 taxes are sitting here on my desk making faces at me. I may just set them on fire before the night is through.

Did I say "what the fuck?"? No? WTF!?!

No comments: