Friday, September 12, 2014

The Diary of Anne Frank...

Who, as a young girl, didn't become obsessed with Anne Frank?  I know I did.  When I first read her book in 7th grade I simply could not believe that this was real.  That a girl and her family were forced to hide in their own town.  And then to learn that Anne was killed in Bergen Belsen nearly crushed me. I was sure she'd survive.  How else could they have published her diary?  Sadly, as I grew, I learned more and more about the atrocities commited during WWII.
 
While searching around Netflix the other day for new things to watch, a new version of The Diary of Anne Frank movie popped up.  I fell in love with this story all over again.  The actress who plays Anne is perfection.  Exactly as I pictured her to be.  Check it out.  You won't regret it, I promise.




No comments: