Friday, June 6, 2014

This one's for you Miss Emma... LATE POST (not sure what happened!)

This perfect little specimen of a girl turns 7 today.  SE-VEN.  It's just weird because she was just born yesterday.  Wasn't she?

Let me tell you a little bit about this itty bitty pretty.
  • She is probably the biggest animal lover outside of my sister Kelly.  And that's say a lot!  If there's something with four legs and fur, she's petting and loving it.
  • She has so many little friends, and watching them greet one another with hugs makes me smile.  She's only been back in Germany for a short time and she's got a gaggle of friends she loves (and they love her right back).
  • She's as smart as a whip.  Like super smart.  I adore that about her.
  • She rivals Madeline when it comes to being a girly girl.  These two are all about 'fa-shan' (as Emma says).  Emma loves her dolls and babies, coloring and clothes.
  • She's the most petite little Tinkerbelle of a girl you'll ever see. 
  • If she wants to ask someone she doesn't know in Germany a question (usually 'can I pet your dog?' she always asks "Sprechen sie English?" (Do you speak English) first. 
Now this little part here is for Miss Emma (but you're welcome to read it, it's ok! :)

Dear Emma,
Oh how I miss you, you little tiddlywink.  I'm so happy we had two whole weeks together last month, and I can't wait to see you when you come here in July!  We have a lot of coloring to do, and we'll probably need a whole new notebook to fill up!  I passed out the pictures you drew and everyone LOVED them!

On this, your seventh birthday, I want to let you know a few things.  One.  I love you more than all of the stars in the sky.  You are a little angel to me and I adore you.  My favorite part of going to Europe was you.   I wish for you a lifetime of laughter and dancing and love and friendship.  Always remember, no matter when you and mommy and daddy live that your family here loves you beyond measure (mommy can explain that!) and we treasure the day you were born.

I hope you have the most amazing birthday.  I love you to the moon and back my little sweet.

All my love,
Nenna xo

No comments: