Thursday, June 13, 2013

My least favorite thing to do...ever...on the planet

I hate painting.  Words cannot express how much I hate painting.  I could bust out every synonym I know for how much I detest painting.  I hate it that much more.

My bedroom needs to be painted.  It's needed to be painted for awhile now, but I just can't bear to do it.  And while my mom has offered to paint it for me:

1.  I can't seem to pull the trigger because I have guilt having her do it when I hate it so much, and
2.  I don't want to deal with the mess and displacement painting, even if I don't do it, causes

For some reason, my bedroom was painted in a flat paint.  I was traveling when my room was painted after just moving into the house, and I don't know if I just bought the wrong paint, or if the wrong paint was used.  I just know it's flat and horrible and I hate it.  It's white, nothing insane to cover.  It just needs a fresh coat.  But of course my bedroom has curved ceilings into the walls, making it impossible to do just the walls.  Nope.  This is a wall and ceiling job.

It's been on my calendar for so long now (and crossed off when the date comes and goes) that I'm losing hope that I'll ever get it done.

Sigh.

I hate painting.

No comments: