Tuesday, March 5, 2013

"I'm SO busy!!!"


Another day, another rant.  I'm sorry.  I don't want to be that girl.  But this is my blog, it's my little corner of the world, so I'm going to say what I need to say.

Now this has been bothering me for some time.  I personally blame Facebook.  People seem to be obssessed with status'ing each and every thing they do.  Aaaand, it's drives me nuts.   They just did a load of laundry.  Oh wait!  They just sharpened 100 pencils (that, sadly, is a real update from someone I hid immediately after I read it).  They somehow managed to pick 3 kids from different places at the exact same time!  They went to work today.  Then they came home. 

Ok.  We get it.  You're busy.  News flash : We're all busy :  And if you're looking to win the "I'm the busiest human on the planet" then you can count one opponent out.  That's a prize I don't want to win.  I want to win the "I got a lot of things done, without complaint, and now I'm relaxing and reading a book and having a glass of wine" award.

I know about 799 people I want to give this citation to...

So let's all try to be a little less proud of how busy we are, and a little more proud of the quality of the lives that we lead.  Let's pay more attention to the people we're with, and less time with our phones (oh God, don't get me started on that...).  Let's all just try to be for a few minutes.  

Deep breaths Jen, deep breaths...

Social Media Citation - Knock Knock




No comments: