Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Let's go to the movies!!


For some reason I found myself at the movies twice this weekend.  The movies I chose couldn't have been more opposite of one another.  Saturday was The Identity Thief and it. was. hilarious.  Truly.  My friend and I laughed the entire time.  Melissa McCarthy is beyond ridiculous (google her singing "Milkshake" in the car) and Jason Bateman is perfectly handsome as the straight man.  Loved this movie.
Sunday brought something a little more intense.  I saw Zero Dark Thirty on Sunday (in a theater that wasn't heated, which made me feel like a baby for being irritated given the hard to watch torture scenes depicted in the film).  This movie, while being difficult to watch from time to time, was amazing.  Incredible.  Truly something you must see.
It was a little long (in a 40 degree theater, no less), but still under three hours.  I was riveted the whole time.  I just can't tell you how much I loved that movie.

I think I've been to the movies more in the past 6-7 months than I have in the past 5 years.  I've seen Silver Linings Playbook, Les Miserables, Rise of the Guardians, Brave, Twilight (don't judge), The Hunger Games, Snow White & The Huntsman, etc.  Most really good.  Some incredible.  All were watched with popcorn because I simply cannot help it.

Are you as excited as I am for tomorrow?  It's another What Maddy Wore Wednesday!!!  See you tomorrow! xo

No comments: