Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Birthday girl


This little muffin turns 5 today.  FIVE!  I'm floored by this fact.  I mean, wasn't she just born?  Didn't I just board a plane to meet her in Spain?  It seems like yesterday.  As she grows she looks more and more like my brother, the resemblence is stunning. 

She's hilarious.  She's particular with everything there is to be particular about.  She's sassy.  She's beautiful and smart and lovely.  Oh.  And she's stubborn.  Just like my brother.  Frighteningly so.  It's like he's not overseas, because there's a little part of him right here in the US, and I thank God for giving us the gift of Emma.  It makes me miss him a little less.

I love you Emma, with all of my heart.  I can't wait to see what this big world holds for you, and I hope it's ready for the fiesty, amazing little girl you are.




No comments: