Saturday, July 2, 2011

5 Love Languages...

A few years ago a friend told me about a book named "The 5 Love Languages".  It's about learning how we as individuals feel love.  I stumbled upon it again recently while talking to a friend and I decided to take the online quiz to see how I feel love.  Turns out I'm an Acts of Service girl (that sounds bad).  Basically we all feel love in one of five ways (as defined below).  Oftentimes couples aren't lined up in terms of how they feel love, so someone saying "I love you" everyday means less to one person than, say, picking up the laundry (I'm the latter apparently).


Love Language Scores: Words of Affirmation
Quality Time
Receiving Gifts
Acts of Service
Physical Touch


This is me...and it's spot on, let me tell you.
Acts of Service
Can helping with homework really be an expression of love? Absolutely! 
Anything you do to ease the burden of responsibilities weighing on an 
"Acts of Service" person will speak volumes. The words he or she most 
wants to hear: "Let me do that for you." Laziness, broken commitments, 
and making more work for them tell speakers of this language their feelings 
don't matter.

Take a look and let me know what you think (oh, and it's good for single people, friends, family,.  It's all about how we show love - not just the lovey-dovey kind :)).

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I took this and got "Quality of Time" as my front runner. It kind of makes perfect sense since Andy & I are often connected at the hip. Fun survey!