Friday, April 1, 2011

Home Update #2

Today is the last day for the bookshelf install.  The painting.

I know what you're thinking..."what the hell is all of that crap in your garage?"  Um, it's crap.
Once this is done that just leaves:
  • Hardwoods - installed 4/8
  • Carpet - installed 4/11
  • Countertops - installed sometime in mid-April

Painting is taking place thanks to my sweet mama (she knows how much I detest painting, and she loves me I think)!

I've been working in a nail gunning, wood cutting, sanding, vacuuming environment this week (I work from home), and it's been a bit of a challenge.  Not really due to the noise, but due to the fact that there's a section of our house we haven't been able to use, so everyone is on the main floor of the house where I work.  But today we'll have the bookshelves painted and the family room back.

I cannot WAIT to start putting my bins and bins of books that have been sitting in the garage for a year into my new bookshelves.  I have to wait a week though for the paint to cure.  I'm sorry Rich and Tim (my carpenters), have you just met me?  Oh yes, you have.  OK.  Well I have a tough time with things like waiting, and being patient.  BUT for the sake of these beautiful shelves you built, I will wait.  And next Saturday it will be a book shelf filling bonanza.  Ohhhh yeah.

Have a great weekend everyone, and thanks for hanging around for the home improvement updates...they're boring, I know (but I'm so excited!!!)!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

they are NOT boring at all! i'm excited for you too! :)