Thursday, January 13, 2011

America the Beautiful

Two of my favorite quotes from President Obama's speech last night in AZ.

"We may not be able to stop all evil in the world, but I know that how we treat one another is entirely up to us ... I believe that for all our imperfections, we are full of decency and goodness, and that the forces that divide us are not as strong as those that unite us."
"...through the eyes of a child, undimmed by the cynicism or vitriol that we adults all too often just take for granted. I want us to live up to her expectations. I want our democracy to be as good as Christina imagined it. I want America to be as good as she imagined it ... All of us -- we should do everything we can do to make sure this country lives up to our children's expectations."

I could not agree more. 

No comments: