Sunday, December 12, 2010

Proust Questionnaire

Having been a reader of Vanity Fair for awhile, I always look forward to the last page - The Proust Questionnaire.  I thought I'd give it a try.  It's HARD!!

What is your idea of perfect happiness?
A life without worry.
What is your greatest fear?
Losing those I love.
What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
My sensitivity.
What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Passive aggression.
What is your greatest extravagance?
Travel
What is your favorite journey?
The one I'm on right now!
What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
Chastity. I had to look up the vitues for this one!
On what occasion do you lie?
Only if I'll ruin something for someone if I don't.  Think gift suprise, "Is Santa real?"...
What do you dislike most about your appearance?
My body - time to lose weight!!
Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
"Ding dong" - I say this in place of a curse when around children.
What is your greatest regret?
My divorce.  I don't regret that we're no longer married, but I regret that we couldn't make it work.
What or who is the love of your life?
My nieces and nephew.
Which talent would you most like to have?
The ability to take gorgeous photos using the right settings on my camera!!
What is your current state of mind?
Peaceful and stressed...that's me in a nutshell.
If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
My body.
What do you consider your greatest achievement?
My career.
If you were to die and come back as a person or thing, what do you think it would be?
A bird.
If you could choose what to come back as, what would it be?
A baby.
What is your most treasured possession?
Other than my family, which I don't  possess (but they are my greatest treasuer), I'd have to say my home.
What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
Watching someone you love suffer.
What is your favorite occupation?
Author.
What is the quality you like most in a man?
Sense of humor.
What is the quality you like most in a woman?
Humility.
What do you value most in your friends?
Sense of humor and loyalty.
What are your favorite names?
Annaleigh, Claire, Georgia, Jude, Henry, William
What is it that you most dislike?
Cruelty of any kind.
How would you like to die?
In my sleep, as a very, very old person.
What is your motto?
Keep calm and carry on.

No comments: