Monday, August 23, 2010

It's called 'having a good hair day' kids...

I went through a case of extreme self awareness this weekend.  I actually did my hair for Shannon and Andy's wedding and I made a picture my sister took my new FB profile pic.  Nearly 25 comments later on how pretty I looked I was ready to drive out to all of them and give them big mouth kisses.  
I'm blessed to work from home and my uniform is typically yoga pants, a T shirt and a bun.  Who am I looking to impress?  So when I have an event I really have to bust it out - which in this case meant doing my hair.  And I have to admit, I did feel kind of pretty.

But then... (and mom, I write this because I love you - and it's so you - and it's hilarious)

My mom said "You look so pretty Jen", to which I said "Mom - you've told me 3 times in an hour how pretty I look, but you haven't told Sherri (my sister) once!".  Mom said (not kidding) - "I know but Sherri always looks pretty."  Snap.

Never underestimate the power of a good hair day.

Have a great week everyone!  xo

2 comments:

Michele said...

I read this out loud over the weekend to my mother and visiting sister (I think I saw it on Facebook?)and we ALL cracked up. :-)

That pic is beautiful!

Petite G. said...

That is an AMAZING pic of you. You look absolutely stunning. Gorgeous. Really really.