Thursday, April 8, 2010

The week in review

Where do I start?  I'll start with Monday.

Monday
I closed on my house and the moving process began.  It was a crazy day, full of help and visits from more people than I can count.  The day ended with me feeling overwhelmed with love and blessings.

Tuesday
I was off to NJ for business and the work on the house (painting, boxes headed to their final resting places, etc.) continued.  I was exhausted and the drive didn't help.  I received some frightening news about little Jack when I arrived and was a wreck when I went to meet my boss for a drink.  (note:  I am NOT a pretty crier)  Jack fell and split his head open by his eye socket.  It was very scary - he lost a lot of blood and was in and out of consciousness.  He was rushed to Children's Hospital via ambulance, and was stiched up.  He has 4 stiches and a broken nose.  He's a trooper though.  Such a little man.  It was terribly scary though and I hated that I couldn't be there to help my sister through the ordeal.  Kudos to the friends and family who were here and handled the situation perfectly, ensuring little Jack received the care he needed.

Wednesday
After my meeting I headed home.  Six hours in the car started to drain on me and I found myself getting emotional, thinking about all of the help I was given.  I arrived home around 9pm to find my sister and my friend Karen unloading the boxes in the kitchen. To top it all off, all of the rooms (with the exception of the kids rooms and the one which is being saved for Brad - a housewarming gift (we saved the cathedral ceiling family room for him!!) are painted, furniture is in and its now just a matter of emptying boxes, etc.  My bedroom carpet needed an adjustment, so that will be in while I'm on vacation (something I've given ZERO thought to).  I'd like to have the entire house unpacked before we leave next Wedensday.  Totally doable (with the exception of my room, which needs carpet and will remain in limbo until then).

I'd like to take a minute to thank the following people.  I know you don't know them (or maybe you do), but I love each and every one of them and think they need to have their names in print!

Aunt Joyce, Aunt Sissy and Mom
Sherri
Kelly and Kage
Karen and Tom
Kristen and Tim
Sandra B.
Kate B.
Colleen B.
Lori Beth
Uncle Tom

You are all amazing people, and your time, muscles and emotional support has meant the world to me and my sister and kids.  (I'm getting all emtional again...)

I'm one lucky girl.

P.S.  New house pics to be loaded once they're a) taken and b) the house is presentatble enough to take said pictures!
P.P.S.  Please excuse any typos or nonsensical statements.  I'm BEAT in every way imaginable!

2 comments:

Meagan's Mom said...

Aw, you're welcome Jen, any time! I did some significant painting in your bedroom actually...and I included a little message for you, but you can only see it with your blacklight!

Shannon said...

Oh wow -- that was clearly a textbook example of a roller coaster of emotions.

1) So sorry to hear about Jack. :( Thoughts are zooming his way.

2) Yay for progress with the moving chapter of your life! I simply can't wait to see how awesome you make the house look.

3) Now start thinking about your awesome vacation coming up! EUROPE - HERE COMES JENNY!!

xo