Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Books

I'm a reader.  Like a major reader.  I'm usually reading 2-3 books at a given time, and somehow I'm able to keep them all straight.  I'm pretty sure that comes from college and taking 5 lit classes at a time.  Anyway, I'm currently reading April in Paris by Michael Wallner.  It's one of those books that makes me anxious to crawl into bed and crack it open.  Really good.  I'm about 1/2 through and I don't want it to end (that's when I know I'm reading a good book, when I know I could read it in one night but want to milk it for as long as possible).


It's basically a book about WWII set in German occupied Paris.  There's a young German soldier who's sent to Paris to translate the interrogations with members of the French Resistance.  While in Paris he falls in love with Chantal (a member of the French Resistance).   I feel like I'm in Paris in the 1940s.  I just want to gobble this book up.

Next on my list is The Glass Castle (by Jeannette Walls) which is for a book club I joined with a bunch of friends.  And then I'll read the follow up to that, Half Broke Horses.

A Dangerous Affair by Caro Peacock is next.  It's the follow up to A Foreign Affair which I read this past summer.  I've been leaning towards period pieces lately, not sure why.  They're both set in Victorian England (and France).


And THEN (whew!) I'll be reading the Aurora Teagarden mystery series by Charlaine Harris.


What are you reading?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I cant decide! Probably "Can You Keep a Secret?" and then after that probably the Harper Connelly Mysteries while I wait for the next Sookie book to come out :)

emma*lucia*07 said...

Ok that wasnt Will posting that, it was me signed in under his name........... opps!

Unknown said...

I seriously doubted that a) my brother would comment on my blog, b) my brother would even READ my blog and c) that of all the posts he'd chose to comment on one about books!

Jennifer said...

Book Thief